We sit on the couch and read about it, we watch YouTube videos about it……Lets do it! Here is your next assignment:
- Get your intercept receiver (police scanner) and related equipment.
- Set aside a small block of time to play radio.
- Search between 150-155 MHZ.
- Document ever signal you hear. (Even the data bursts and strange computer sounds)
- Repeat this exercise multiple times in 48 hours.
- Post your log in the comment section below. Include frequency, time, what type of transmission, any other signal details (pl tones etc.). Also include what gear you used.
This part of the spectrum is full of “stuff”. You may not hear alot of voice transmissions but that’s not the point. Some of you may not know how to do a search with your radio, get the book out and learn now. This is important to be able to do with out thinking. Your scanner is a powerful tool if used properly. As I have said before, this exercise can be done anywhere, anytime. No excuse. I hope to see a lot of logs posted. Don’t use any web based data, find it the old fashioned way, with your ear. As stated before, this may not yield super exciting radio traffic but the more you use your radio the better you will get at intercept. Think of this like a test, some of us need to have a goal in order to learn something. Nows the time. POST YOUR LOGS BELOW. Come to class to get your hands dirty https://dialtoneblog.wordpress.com/2015/08/05/training-sale/